A type of virus that infect computers, and then prevent the user from accessing the operating system, or encrypts all the data stored on the computer,
The user asks the ransom to pay a fixed amount of money, as opposed to decrypting files or allowing access again to the operating system.
Wanna Cry Ransomware Guidelines to stay safe :
- Be careful to click on harmful links in your emails.
- Be wary of visiting unsafe or unreliable sites.
- Never click on a link that you do not trust on a web page or access to Facebook or messaging applications such as WatSab and other applications.
- If you receive a message from your friend with a link, ask him before opening the link to confirm, (infected machines send random messages with links).
- Keep your files backed up regularly and periodically.
- Be aware of fraudulent e-mail messages that use names similar to popular services such as PayePal instead of PayPal or use popular service names without commas or excessive characters.
- Use anti virus and Always make have the last update.
- Make sure your windows have the last update close the gap.